3.9.08

Our Current Living Situation

As promised, I'm keeping record of our lovely time in our current apartment. Including lovely little incidents like this:

(Before we located a shop vac: Dave soaking a beach towel and wringing it into a waste basket.)

The water came in through the kitchen window and brought with it all kinds of fun tidbits: dirt, dirty water, dead bugs, dirt... When we came home to this little surprise on Sunday, all the bugs in the apartment were climbing up the walls away from the water. 60+ gallons and still damp/wet.

ON TOP OF THAT: This morning I went into the laundry room (where we had moved all the living room things to to keep them from getting wet) and SURPRISE! It had flooded as well (Sometime between 1:00 yesterday and 5:30 this morning).

Oh well, I guess being young and poor means that life is full of exciting things like this. I'll probably (and hopefully) never get to jump in 2.5" deep water in me kitchen ever again.

4 comments:

Meg said...

so sorry about the little or should I say BIG flood! That is too bad!! Bummer :(

Brooke said...

Lovely. Just great.

Sorry guys.

Amy Tanner said...

Even though it's totally lame that your place flooded I was happy to see pictures of your cute place. I love the green you used.

Erica said...

Oh man!! I am so sorry! That sucks! I hope nothing is totally ruined.