5.5.10

I dislike two things:


depression and exercise.

I heard on NPR a few days ago that if you have the one and do the other, they cancel each other out. I'm trying. But I really, really dislike exercise.

Two funny stories, though.

1. Rode my bike to Target with Dave. When we started peddling, I ran into a pole, straight on, in slowmo.
2. We came across a really steep hill and Dave said, "Watch this!" He got half way and then couldn't keep going and looked up at me and said, "Cool, huh?" I love him! He made me laugh so hard.


I want to make Richard proud. The NPR program said I had to try for four months for it to make a difference. One day down.

5 comments:

bjean said...

You can do it! It helps to somehow reward yourself afterward. :)

Carly said...

One day down is a step in the right direction! I have to say...NPR was right. I literally CAN NOT be depressed (on my meds or no) while I am exercising regularly. Life is so much better with endorphins!

Brooke said...

I hate exercise too. I tell myself it doesn't have to be lame exercise. I like walking best. Because it doesn't hurt and because I get to think and observe more (more than when running, swimming or biking).

Brittany said...

Maybe you need to find a type of exercise that you enjoy- gardening, treadmill in front of your favorite TV show, stationary bike with a good book...
Maybe you can start rock climbing with me and Todd :)

pamela said...

yoga is about the only thing i like to do...i mean its excercise laying down. can't be that bad.