23.7.08

Color Garden


I LOVE gardening, I never really realized until this summer. Wednesday has become my favorite day of the week because we get to irrigate (this means: playing in the mud, but not being immature). I really, really, really, love it. This year has been great because the raspberry plants are old enough to bare raspberries, lots of them (this means: raspberries and milk for breakfast). 

I've always had a desire to grab one of each paint swatch while I'm at the store. The other day I finally asked. I felt like it was such a bad thing to ask for. He said yes and, "They are ALWAYS sending me those things, take as many as you want." I did. I haven't decided what to do with them, but I have some good ideas.

My garden is more vibrant than the paint swatches. They don't have a color even close to the color of our raspberries, so I made one up in the tradition of Dutch Boy paint names (this means: lame). (Who names these things anyhow? Some of my favorites: "Pink Positive," "Wow Power," "So Mature," "Hootenanny Green," "Sweet Dream Sweetie," and "Sweet-alious.")

1 comments:

Davepongw said...

I can't believe those wonderful colors came from our garden. Mikelle, you are amazing.